Our new monthly Pegasus spot on MSTV is now airing on the university channel (MSTV) and is available to MaxxSouth Broadband subscribers in the Golden Triangle area and those with C Spire Fiber TV throughout the state of Mississippi.
Tours and Events
- Open House – Our Open House allows prospective students as well as anyone interested in touring the facility to learn more about Veterinary Medicine. Dates for our 2018 Open House have not yet been set. Check back for more details.
- Tours - Tours are conducted by appointment for the general public. To arrange a tour, please call us at 662-325-1131.
- Vet Aspire - VetAspire is a program designed for students to spend the day at Mississippi State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine. Each month, five students will have the opportunity to participate in clinics, lectures, and hands-on activities. The goal of this program is to expose students to the field of veterinary medicine in hopes that they will choose it as a career path. Students will also get to see the real-world impact of math, science, and communications training.
Extension Veterinary Medicine
Two newsletters are produced.
- The Animal Health Spectrum publishes news articles about animal health issues.
- The Pegasus Press is a newsletter about CVM’s faculty, staff and students that publishes two issues during the year.
Human Animal Bond Lecture Series
The Human-Animal Bond Lecture Series celebrates the special relationship that exists between humans and animals. It seeks to explore the human-animal bond in all its facets and raise awareness that the bond includes companion animals, production animals, wildlife and more. We are mindful of the interdependence that exists between humans and animals and seek to educate, enlighten and entertain through the lecture series.
The Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine hosts a summer Vet Camp to engage young people ages 13-17 in the world of veterinary medicine.
The Mississippi Disaster Animal Relief Fund
The MADRF provides assistance to Mississippians and their animals affected by any disaster in the state.
Mississippi State University
College of Veterinary Medicine
Office of Outreach and External Affairs
P.O. Box 6100
Mississippi State, MS 39762-6100