The Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine accepts, on a limited basis, transfer students from other veterinary medical colleges to fill vacancies in the freshmen or sophomore classes. Transfer guidelines are as follows:
- Any applicants considered for transfer admission will be required to attend an interview at Mississippi State University.
- Typically, transfer applicants are not accepted into our program at a point later than first semester of the sophomore year. Accordingly, if a student should pursue application to Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine and be accepted, it would be necessary for that student to complete at least two years at Mississippi State University to be eligible for a degree.
- Students accepted for transfer are required to meet the current computer requirements of the college.
Entry points for transfer students into the curriculum are as follows:
- Spring semester, Freshman – starting in January
- Fall semester, Sophomore – starting in July
To apply for admission as a transfer student to the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, an applicant must submit:
- a completed application
- $100.00 application fee
- letter of intent
- current resume
- official transcripts of all undergraduate and veterinary or other college work
Upon receipt of this material, college personnel perform an analysis of the records, determine eligibility for transfer and, if applicable, the appropriate entry point into our curriculum. An interview is required before acceptance into our program and is conducted only when an opening has been identified in a class.
Questions should be directed to:
Office of Student Admissions
College of Veterinary Medicine
P.O. Box 6100
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Phone: 662-325-1326 or 662-325-2749